Hello Talku Talku foodies! Our lunch inspiration for today is Mac & Cheese. This, of course, isn’t your regular Mac& Cheese. This recipe is packed with a lot more goodness than the regular. Let’s get started.
Ingredients250grams of vegan dried macaroniA pinch of saltsalt
Ingredients for the sauce400ml of oat milk2 tablespoons of cornflour5 tablespoons of olive oil120grams of grated vegan cheese1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast4 chopped garlic cloves or 1½ tablespoons of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of smoked paprika¼ teaspoon of Dijon mustard¼ teaspoon of cracked black pepper½ teaspoon of saltsalt
Ingredients for the topping (optional)4 trimmed and sliced Brussels sprouts1 chopped garlic clove½ teaspoon of olive oilA pinch of salt
- Place a saucepan on the heat and pour some salted water in it. Boil and add your macaroni until it is still firm enough when eaten.
- Start making the sauce by blending all the sauce ingredients except the vegan cheese. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into a large saucepan and simmer on medium heat.
- Add 100 grams of your vegan cheese to it and cook until it melts. Make sure that the cheese doesn’t simmer before taking off the heat.
- Preheat your grill on medium heat before draining your pasta
- Add the macaroni to the cheese sauce and mix until it is properly combined with the sauce.
Pour the mix into a baking pan or dish large enough to contain it and add the remaining 20grams of vegan cheese.Sprinkle the cheese on the macaroni and cheese sauce and put in the oven. Grill for about 5-10 minutes or until it is golden brown.To make the topping, heat some olive oil in a non-stick pan and add all the topping ingredients in the pan.Fry for about 5 minutes and sprinkle all over the baked mac and cheese.
Your vegan mac and cheese are ready to eat. See you tomorrow guys!