Hello, Talku Talku foodies! Today’s lunch inspiration is the delicious cauliflower soup. This recipe is not all that difficult, it just has a long cook time. Let’s get started on this recipe.
PREP TIME 35MINUTES COOK TIME 60MINUTES DIFFICULTY MEDIUM DIFFICULTY SERVES 6
- 2 heads of cauliflower (should be divided into florets)
- 1 large chopped onion
- Olive oil spray
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 6 cups of water
- Ground black pepper
- Prepare a salty water solution and place your cauliflower florets into it. Allow it to sit for 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes, drain properly and place on an aluminum sheet. Spray your olive oil on your cauliflower evenly.
- Preheat the oven broiler and set the oven rack 6 inches from the source of heat.
- Broil your cauliflower for about 20-30 minutes. It should be golden brown.
- Then, heat your olive oil in a large soup pot. Pour your chopped onions into it and fry until it’s s translucent. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Add your cauliflower and garlic to the mix before adding your water, salt and black pepper.
- Cook until the vegetables in the soup are tender. This should take about 30 minutes
- When its tender, blend your soup with an immersion hand blender until it is creamy and smooth.
You could use vegetable broth instead of water. This is totally up to you. I hope you get to try this and enjoy it. Till next time, Talku Talku foodies.