Hello, Talku Talku foodies! It’s sweet tooth Saturday and we will be learning how to make sweet cinnamon rolls. This could be a wonderful dessert choice. It could also be taken as a snack depending on how you would like it.
Ingredients300 grams of self-rising flour1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon70 grams of melted butter (keep extra for greasing)2 tablespoons of caster sugar2 egg yolks130ml of milk (keep extra for glazing)A pinch of salt.
Ingredients for filling1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon40 grams of melted butter2 tablespoon of caster sugar55 grams of light brown soft sugar
Ingredients for icing60 grams of icing sugar½ tablespoon of softened butter½ teaspoon of vanilla essence1 tablespoon of softened cream cheese
- Preheat 180C degrees and grease a 20cm cake tin and line the bottom with paper baking parchment.
- Then, add your flour, cinnamon caster sugar and a pinch of salt to a bowl and mix.
- In another bowl, add your butter, egg yolks and milk. And combine with the dry ingredients.
- You should have a soft dough and place on a clean surface. Roll out to form a rectangle that’s about 30 X 25cm.
- Move on to make your filling. Mix all your ingredients for filling.
- Then, spread your filling on the dough and roll it lengthwise. Roll it into a log-like shape.
- Then use a sharp knife to cut the dough into even slices.
- Place your cut slices into the cake tin we prepared earlier and brush lightly with your extra milk.
- Place your rolls into the oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until its golden brown.
- When it’s ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool for some minutes for removing from the cake tin.
- Then prepare your icing. Sieve your icing sugar into a bowl.
- Make a hold in the icing sugar and add your cream cheese, butter and 2 tablespoons of boiling water and mix thoroughly.