Hello, Talku Talku Foodies!It’s the beginning of a new week and what better way to start the week than making healthy food choices? Our lunch inspiration for today is Nigerian Plantain Porridge. We will be learning from Naija Food Tube how to cook this delicacy.
6 unripe plantain
3 ripe plantain
25cl of palm oil
1 bulb of onion
- Peel the unripe plantains first before peeling the ripe plantains.
- Dice the plantains into cubes.
- Then wash your ponmo thoroughly and chop into bits.
- Remove the bones from your smoked or roast fish and wash. Set aside for use later.
- Blend your crayfish if it’s not blended already and slice your pumpkin leaves.
- Pour your diced plantain into a saucepan and pour some water into it. The water should be a little bit above the plantain.
- Add your chopped onions and cover with lid. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Then, add your ponmo, blended habanero pepper, crayfish, salt and seasoning cube to it.
- Add your smoked fish and some palm oil to the mix.
- Cover with your lid and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Then add your pumpkin leaves or spinach (if available). You can substitute one for the other.
- Cover and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
Your plantain porridge is ready to serve and eat. I hope you have fun recreating this. See you tomorrow, Talku Talku Foodies!