In the past decade, African sounds and artistes have continued to see a steady rise in global appeal – whether in streams, air-plays, international endorsements and award nominations. Building on that wave, Godson Caleb Chisom with stage name Calebin, is looking to blaze a trail by establishing the Afro-pop genre in Finland. We caught up with the singer and he gave us 9 interesting facts about him.
Calebin has collaborated & performed alongside notable Nigerian music heavyweights including Tekno, Timaya, Flavour, Patoranking, Olamide & Zlatan.
- His hit songs include “Whatsup,” “Real Dance,” “Parole,” “Confess,” “Wike” and “Super Love.
- Besides singing, he is also a music producer and certified Construction/Building Engineer.
- Calebin is fondly called “DBG” (D Boy’s Good) by his fans and supporters while his colleagues refer to him as “Celebrity Engineer”.
- In 2016 he was crowned “Artiste Of The Year” at the African Diaspora Merit Awards. He repeated the same feat in 2019.
- In the previous year, 2018, he won ”Afro-beat Artist of The Year” at the Scandinavia Afro-beats Music Awards.
- His music production skills have also seen him collaborate with Nigerian music industry finest like Spellz, Dj Coublon, Suka Sound and Killertunes.
- His philosophy to success centres around handwork, dedication, commitment and faith.
- He is also passionate about humanitarian causes and has collaborated with a number of charities in Nigeria. In addition, he is open to partnering with more charities to help drive their causes.
- When he is not on the mic, Calebin is quite proficient with musical instruments. He plays the piano, guitars and drums.